It's A Big World Out There
- Generacion Y: Excellent blog from Havana, by journalist Yoani Sánchez.
- Asia Correspondent: News from Bangkok and beyond, by foreign correspondent Richard Ehrlich.
- Prague Culture: Weekly guide to what's happening in Prague, from journalist Frank Kuznik.
- TSF JAZZ: Best radio station in Paris, hands down.
- Marc Maron's WTF: My pal Marc Maron's hilarious and smart podcast, updated way too often.
- The Rumpus: Who you going to believe: Google or your lying eyes?
Posted on October 1, 2010 | 2 CommentsAmerican millionaire Bernard Keiser has spent six years of his life, digging for buried treasure on a remote island off the coast of Chile. He has survived government red tape, skeptical locals, and competition from a metal-detecting robot. And still no treasure. So far.
Posted on October 1, 2010 | 2 CommentsSome are for singing, others for fighting. Some tell you the temperature. As a collective bunch, they indicate when it’s time to plow a field. The right cricket in China can fetch nearly $13,000.
Posted on October 1, 2010 | 11 CommentsA history of the satirical investigate Nose magazine, 1989-1995 -- the most fun any of us ever had in publishing.
Posted on October 1, 2010 | No CommentsKamikaze surfers attempt 60-foot waves, 100 miles off the coast of San Diego. It’s only been surfed four times, and with good reason. You’d have to be insane.
Posted on October 1, 2010 | No CommentsOutside Japan, the hotbed of amateur sumo wrestling is in the Czech Republic. Sweaty wrestlers, a sumo-themed hotel, and beer for breakfast.
Posted on September 10, 2010 | No CommentsThe strongest hair! The youngest sumo wrestler! The longest pencil! In Malaysia, making your mark—any mark—is a matter of national pride.